Monday, May 9, 2011

Stuck... Or just Procrastination.

Today's topic of discussion for the 4+ people who read this blog (no, I am not counting myself) is..... Procrastination!

Real Time Example: I really should be doing math right now, but instead I am working on a blog about procrastination.

Oh, the irony.

The dictionary defines procrastination as:

to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
So, what happens when you procrastinate? Well, usually you pull an all nighter to get it done if it's a project for school or work or something. Other times it slowly gets done over the next 1 day - 75+ years. It's like me and 90% of my writing. 90% of it usually never gets finished while the other 10% (Night Stalker, Arya Poisonhold, The 13th Games, school assignments, ect.) does get done.

So after you pulled off that all nighter to get what ever it is that you are doing done what does it look like? Sloppy. Terrible. Poor. Severely lacking anything excellent. And often forgetting key elements. When you hand in that project, you fail or get fired. And if it's bad enough, the teachers will hate you forever and kick you out of school because there is no way you will ever get your dream job at Mickey D's.

Do you see what I am saying? Procrastination is bad. BAD!

And, it is very much like Writer's Block.

See! I did that all by myself in about 20 minutes... Now, I will stop procrastinating and get my math lesson done.

A Few Updates...

I am starting revision on the Night Stalker and continuing revision on The Thirteenth Games.

I am working on a 51 Things do Learn and Do in One Summer.

And, I am looking for tips or good websites on revision, editing, proofreading, and publication. Revision is a mouthful. With track and school it's hard to even get my head around the whole revising book plot, characters.... It's just so much to take in. I'll post my plan on Wednesday. You guys will help with it won't you?

Bonsoir ou bonjour où que vous soyez. Quoi qu'il en soit, je suis parti. Au revoir!


Change the World! Do something! Don't Procrastinate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment