Saturday, July 23, 2011

Harry Potter and Torchwood

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two


Harry Potter Wallpaper
Warner Bros 

As most people know, the last Harry Potter movie finally came out on the fifteenth! Excited face! I doubt it will be the last though. Give it fifty years and a remake will come out. Sadly I did not get to see it the night it premiered as I was staying with friends in Indiana and no one wanted to see a movie at midnight. Sigh. I finally saw it Tuesday and I have to say that no one lied. It was, is, one of the best movies I have seen in a long time and I watch a lot of movies.

Was the acting good?
Good? It was great. Emma Watson is the best!

Did it stay true to the book?
For a movie, I'd have to say yes, yes it did.

How about the special effects?
There is something about special effects for magic that you can tell that it is a special effect, but if the graphics designers do their job well then it is done so beautifully that you don't care. In my opinion, the special effects were very nice. What can I say? I like seeing sparks and clouds of light shooting out of wands.

Anything else?
I do wish Tom Felton was in the movie a bit more. He had maybe a total of 20-25 minutes of screen time in the movie. Draco Malfoy is one of my favorite characters in the books because of how many layers of personality he has and how much he has changed. In the first books, he was out to ruin Harry's world. Now, he wouldn't even tell Bellatrix that it was really Harry in the Malfoy Mansion.
As I watched the eighth movie, I did realize that truthfully the only real evil soul in the entire book was Voldemort. When I first heard J.K. Rowling say that I thought 'You're kidding me. What about Bellatrix? She seems pretty evil to me.' I am halfway sure that was what the rest of the world was thinking too.

Overall?
Five stars for five. Easily.



Torchwood: Border Princes By Dan Abnett


Torchwood: Border Princes
By Dan Abnett
From TARDIS Index File
I believe I started this book early July/ late June and I am just now finishing it. For me that is sad. This was one of those books that you did not really like nor did you love it. It was in between, a tweenie. Yes, that is a new word. A book that wasn't really good or really bad is now dubbed a tweenie.
With this book, just when you thought it was over and finished, the plot just kept going and going and going. A new character named James was added to the mix and I thought he was okay for the newbie one time character. As for the other characters, they needed some work done. I can't pinpoint exactly how, but they seemed different from the T.V. show as if Abnett was maybe trying to make them better or fit them into his style of writing. To me it didn't seem like the same Jack and Gwen I knew. Also, there wasn't a lot of Ianto action and he's one of the coolest characters there!

Rating: Three out of Five Stars

Up Next: Either Torchwood: Slow Decay By Andy Lane or The Nine Lives of Chloe King By Liz Braswell (Books 1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment