Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm not giving up, I'm just going to lose

Picture By Linzee777
Link To Picture
I love winning. Who doesn't? The feeling of satisfaction that that you did something and did it well and accomplished a goal is truly a great feeling. What if you couldn't finish something that you love and really wanted to finish but it came at the wrong time? An example would be me and Camp NaNoWriMo. Currently I am at 23,044 words and not rising. According to my little lovely Camp NaNoWriMo calendars I am supposedly suppose to be nearing 29034 words today. If I write 2,025 words per day I can finish on time, but seeing how my novel is going makes me think that I won't try very hard. After seeing this and watching a movie and being inspired by the movie and then editing the first Night Stalker for the first time in a week or two, I realized that I didn't need to write Light right now. No, I could never write Light ("Sequel" To Night Stalker). First of all I don't even know how the first book will even end up when I am done editing and second of all I might not even need a second book. I thought about it for a while and it occurred to me. Why would Gail have a child if she knew that Hamilton would be after him for his DNA? She's smarter then that. So yes. Odds are that The Night Stalker will be a single novel and the outcome at the end will be very different from what I first imagined and in turn so will the middle. From now on my main focus will be revising the Night Stalker.

Next thing...

This morning I woke up and got on my laptop to check my mail. Lo and behold I had a message from JustFiction! Edition (justfictionedition.com) saying this:


Dear Ms snowfire,

I am writing on behalf of a new international publishing house, JustFiction! Edition.
In the course of a web-research I came across a reference of your manuscript The Thirteenth Games and it has caught my attention.
We are a publisher recognized worldwide, whose aim it is to help talented but international yet unknown authors to publish their manuscripts supported by our experience of publishing and to make their writing available to a wider audience.
JustFiction! Edition would be especially interested in publishing your manuscript as an e-book and in the form of a printed book and all this at no cost to you, of course.
If you are interested in a co-operation I would be glad to send you an e-mail with further information in an attachment.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards{...}


I did a some research and asked around. Turns out almost no one has heard of JustFiction! Edition and many other users on Inkpop.com received the same email pertaining to themselves and their novels. Read here. I would like to warn you to be cautious if you have received this email as most people have decided that it is a scam.


And last but not least...

If you ever get the chance, watch Magic Beyond Words: The JK Rowling Story. I just watched it and found it to be very inspiring. IMDB says that it does not release until 2012 but it premiered at 8 Eastern time today. It was very good and I recommend it to all Harry Potter and JK Rowling fans.
A Review...


Goodnight, Professor.
Goodnight, Harry. 

~Snowie
  

No comments:

Post a Comment