- 1) It was in the summer, so no school to worry about, and plenty of time to write.
- 2) I actually finished the novel, a feat I haven't actually done in a NaNo before (The 13th Games does not count)
- 3) I wrote almost everyday and stayed on track with the word count
- 4) I was trying something new with writing- a new genre
- 5) There was a really interesting character and a pretty interesting character who were really fun to write
- 6) I used a lot of people and events from my own life in my novel which over all made the whole thing seem a lot more real, but that's because I know what character is drawn from what person.
I should also say that a lot of the problems that are in Love By Text (New Title wanted, Old Title irrelevant), come from my life. Writing about them and incorporating them into the story helped me to better understand them and figure them out. It was like my own form of therapy.
A lot of ideas and events that I had planned to write, I never got around to writing because I felt like they didn't fit in the story just right at the moment. Some of these ideas include Ben hooking up with Julia again and Amy finding out when she surprises Ben at college, Amy and Ben writing letters back and forth to each other (Which was at first the entire reason for the story), and the Epilogue when Amy graduates and drives to see Ben in college.
So, time for a two week break from novel writing. I have an announcement, I think, set to post on July 1st, so I better start preparing for whatever that may be. Time to catch up on some much needed sleep.
Still looking for New Titles. Can't wait to start revising... Wait, what?