Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Above and Beyond the Call of Writing Duty

Today, I sat down at my computer with a challenge set and the bar raised higher than ever before. I had challenge myself to write 25,000 in five days. Yes, I am insane. 25,000 words? In five days? That is half of a novel, thats half of a NaNoWriMo!

You are already where you are supposed to be for NaNoWriMo. Why are you writing more that you need to?

Oh, there is a reason. Believe me. There is a reason.

If you love personality types and the Meyers-Briggs test, then you will know what I mean when I say I am an INFP. INFP stands for Introvert iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving. Among lots of other things, it means that I am a perfectionist and a procrastinator. Everything I create artistically has to be perfect or the piece will not make it anywhere but a trash bin. If I don't have a deadline, nothing will get done.

Ah, deadlines. I love those sweet little dates. <3 p="p">
All five of my rough drafts would not exist if there was not deadline stapled to my head with a goal tied to it. 50,000 words in 30 days was a little piece of figurative heaven for me. Four of my rough drafts were written for NaNo (I've actually done NaNoWriMo 5 times, but I don't count last year's novel as a novel because it, well, sucked). The other draft (The Night Stalker) was written with sheer will power, a calendar, and a goal of 9 written pages per week.

I am afraid that if I don't get The Night Stalker draft 4.0 done before the 30th, then The Night Stalker will never be done and the multiple years of I have put into this novel will be wasted.

After a 9,000 word long Chapter 10, I am happy to move on to a very exciting Chapter Eleven.

I am so excited to tell you guys everything you have ever wanted to know about the Night Stalker in December!

Happy Writings!

~Snowie

P.S. 5,000 Words Down, 20,000 To Go! Nearly at 50,000!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment