Wednesday, November 14, 2012

MuseSober



Ever been MuseDrunk? If you are a hardcore artist, I am guessing that you probably have been. MuseDrunk is a term I just came up with about thirty seconds ago.

Ever heard of the term Love Drunk? MuseDrunk is basically the exact same thing. Love Drunk means you are completely and utterly consumed by love; whereas MuseDrunk means you are completely and utterly consumed by inspiration. When ever you write, draw, paint or sketch, all of the stars align. The picture is perfect, and the cat survives another day.

As it so happens, smack-dab in the middle of November, I am MuseSober. More accurately, I am LoveSober. I was doing fine, typing along at a fingers flying to Hell with no return speed when I hit a bump. That bump grew even larger when I realized the importance of that bump. The bump was my second of three subplots.

Dun... Dun... Dunnnn......

It was.... The love story. GROOOOAAAAANNN. In the eight chapter, Noah and Gail finally realized that they really like each other, and so they kiss. About halfway through this heartbreaking kiss, James (Who was punched by Noah just five minutes prior) interrupts, and Jeff gets really, really mad because he's loved Gail since kindergarden. Now, no one is happy, and Noah has a broken hand.

I've written this scene about three times, and the mood never feels quite perfect. I've run out of ideas and all of the feels.

How is your NaNoWriMo going?

~A MuseSober Snowie


P.S. My midterm NaNoWriMo report will still be coming on, well, tomorrow if you are interested in that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment